Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring forward



Originally uploaded by desireux

It's that time of the year when we lose an hour :(
Because of daylight saving time, it's now 4.38 am and I'm still awake.

Anyway, in anticipation of spring, I bought 2 pretty pots from the dollar store today. And some bulbs: 3 multi-colored tulips which are suppose to bloom in mid spring and 6 red gladiolus. Yay! I can't wait to get to lab on Monday and plant them and diligently water them.

For those of you who know me, you might be thinking.. hmmm.. Tracy.. plants??? Well, even I surprised myself at how excited I got when buying my new (to be) plants.

It all started when a lab mate gave me a little pot of African Violets. The majority of my colleagues in lab are plant lovers. Most have potted plants growing very well and even flowering, so it was very cool to have my own little plant to care for. Then, a few months ago, was the blooming of another lab mate's special Epiphyllum (photo shows it about to bloom) which I blogged about here. Anyway, she gave me a baby Epiphyllum plant and so one weekend I went to Meijer and bought two new pots to transplant my ever growing African Violet and the new Epiphyllum. And that's when I started going all plant lady like.

Wow, a whole entry on plants :P Well, there'll be more to come (and photos too!) since the Epiphyllum is growing new baby leaves because it's spring and it's really pretty.

No comments: