Monday, September 3, 2007

A whole lot of corn



Originally uploaded by desireux.

Finally finished a special order for my pop-up mini's. I have a soft spot for these mini's because not only are they cute, but I can think of so many uses for them. From business cards, to invitations, little note cards to place-cards and stocking stuffers. These here are for putting into goody bags for a programming language conference.

Speaking of corn, I've been using my mom's way of cooking it in the microwave and it's the best way! Just rinse your ear of corn, and then wrap it in a paper towel. Sprinke some water onto the paper towel and put the whole thing in the microwave for 2 minutes on Hi. That's all there is to it. No more bringing out the big pot, boiling the water, boiling the corn. Best of all, you get the sweetest corn which is not the least bit soggy! And in 2 minutes. What could be better?

So I just had a nice big corn for lunch. Rubbed it with butter, sprinkled it with salt.. yums!

No comments: