Saturday, February 23, 2008

Entrepreneurship week: The Rubber band

I'm taking part in the 2008 Innovation Tournament organized by Stanford University in conjunction with Entrepreneurship Week. The challenge is to create as much value as possible using rubber bands! The challenge is open to all students over the world. It's also InnovationWeek at my school, so this is one of the activities. We have 5 days to come up with an idea, implement it, and show it to the world in a 3 minute video on Youtube, this coming Thursday.

So I decided to join. The secret item was revealed Friday evening. Before I went to sleep last night, I thought about it and woke up with quite a few ideas. I could remember dreaming about rubber bands. It was weird because in my dream, buying a packet of rubber bands came with a free gift - a pair of Reebok sneakers! But no, that's not my grand idea :)

Anyway, I went to Staples, got my rubber bands, and spent today tossing around ideas with my team mate, writing, doodling, scribbling, but something just didn't seem right. Suddenly after dinner, I had an 'aha' moment, shared my idea, and instantly we knew it was the idea.

Tomorrow, I'll be trying to recruit at least one more team member and get ready to execute our plan on Monday.

Stay tuned for more updates! Meanwhile you can visit Stanford's eWeek website to learn more about this tournament, watch the Imagine It YouTube trailer and also see last year's winners for the secret item Post-It notes.

No comments: