Monday, February 18, 2008

Green Beer for St. Patrick's Day


Green Beer for St. Patrick's Day
Originally uploaded by desireux.

I haven't actually drank any green beer on St. Patrick's Day, but last Sunday I was driving, on my way paper hunting, when the image of green beer popped into my mind. So I bought the most 'Irish' green and came home and did this card.

I'm very happy with this card for two reasons. The first is that the whole card was designed in Illustrator. Since the end of 2007, I have been learning how to design in Illustrator and have been doing mostly straight lines so far. In this card, I managed to do nice curves and there were a few 'aha' moments that were very satisfying. This card took less than an hour to plot out in Illustrator, so things are definitely going in the right direction.

I tried to get a guide at the library but they only had Illustrator 9 (Visual Quickstart Guide) but I don't find it particularly useful, I've been learning just through trial and error. If anyone has a particularly good experience with a user guide for Illustrator CS2, I would really appreciate a recommendation.

No comments: