Saturday, September 27, 2008

Welcoming Fall


Welcoming Fall, originally uploaded by desireux.

The weather forecast predicts that we will finally have "fall-like" temperatures in the coming week. Now, whether that is true or not is another story, but in between pop-ups and lab, I've managed to squeeze in a little bit of knitting. Having been more than a year since I picked up my needles, it took a few experimental casting-ons before I got the hang of it and could knit almost through feeling. My scarf (oh it is a lovely blue that will go really well with my maroon cardigan) is already about a foot and a half long, so hopefully sometime next week I can wear it =)

The pop-up card on the right is also in preparation for the cooler months ahead . It is an improved version of my Falling Leaves card designed last year. This one is waaay cooler- there's the cutest little blue bird perched on the fence. The cover is a warmer brown, makes the autumnal colors really pop!

2 comments:

Punky N Munky said...

I just checked out your blog and your Etsy shop. You do amazing work!!

tracychong said...

Thank you very much!