Sunday, October 5, 2008

Meow!


Meow!, originally uploaded by desireux.

This kitty has been getting some attention over the weekend. Some lovely Etsians, curlyfrysc , AzureGrackle and recycledideas have featured An Encounter with a Cat in their treasuries.

This card is constructed based on my basic arch for 180 degree pop-up cards, but is different in that the tree branches in each arch is not identical to the other. This gives the overlapping branches more depth, making it even more interesting visually. One of the new owners of my pop-up cards mentioned that she enjoyed playing with the shadows cast by by the cuts and it really made me happy to hear that. When I am making the cards or taking photographs of them, my illumination is a pretty strong halogen lamp and I too enjoy looking at the interplay of light and shadow.

3 comments:

Sayo said...

I'm so happy I came across your blog! I love your cards. I favorited some a while ago on etsy... expect an order from me in the next few months for sure! :)

TheresaJ said...

I love this card, and I love your shop. Your cards are wonderful! I just added you to my favorites.

tracychong said...

Thank you theresaj and sayo =)