Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's getting cold in here ...


Looks like a gnomes playground, originally uploaded by desireux.

I stopped by the oriental store today to get something for my Tom Yam noodle soup. Ended up buying some frozen raw oysters, and they tasted so good in the hot broth, especially in the cold, cold weather.

Outside the oriental store, they have these tiny lamp posts, about 2 feet tall amongst miniature pine trees. Even though it was freezing, the whole area looked like a playground for fairies or gnomes with the warm glowing lights. So pretty!

My fingers are so cold now typing this. Even with heat on (and I'm wearing 5 layers of clothes!) it is still very cold inside my apartment. It's now 2 F (-17C) and the feel like temperature is -17F (-27C). How crazy is that? There is a wind chill warning and it's only going to get colder tomorrow. Oh dear.

No comments: